· Upgrade to Windows Vista from previous versions of Windows.
· Troubleshoot Windows Vista installation issues.
· Install and configure Windows Vista drivers.
· Configure and troubleshoot parental controls.
· Configure Microsoft Internet Explorer, Windows security features
· Configure and troubleshoot User Account Control.
· Configure Windows Defender & Firewall.
· Configuring networking by using the Network and Sharing Center.
· Configure remote access.
· Configure Windows Mail , Windows Meeting Space, Windows Calendar.
· Configure Windows Fax and Scan, Windows Sidebar.
· Troubleshoot reliability issues by using built-in diagnostic tools.
· Configure Windows Update, Data protection.
· Configuring and troubleshooting mobile computing
70-647 Pro: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator
· Planning network and application services
· Plan for name resolution and IP addressing. internal and external naming strategy, naming resolution support for legacy clients, naming resolution for directory services, IP addressing scheme, TCP/IP version coexistence
· Design for network access, Network access policies, remote access strategy, perimeter networks, server and domain isolation
· Plan for application delivery. Application virtualization, presentation virtualization, locally installed software, Web-based applications
· Plan for Remote Desktop Services. Terminal Services licensing,
· Designing core identity and access management components
· Design Active Directory forests and domains. Forest structure, forest and domain functional levels, intra-organizational authorization and authentication, schema modifications
· Design the Active Directory physical topology. Placement of servers, site and replication topology, printer location policies
· Design the Active Directory administrative model. Delegation, group strategy, compliance auditing, group administration, organizational structure
· Design the enterprise-level group policy strategy. Group policy hierarchy and scope filtering, control device installation, authentication and authorization
· Plan for domain or forest migration, upgrade, and restructuring.
· Design and implement public key infrastructure. Certificate services, PKI operations and maintenance, certificate life cycle management
· Plan for interoperability. Inter-organizational authorization and authentication, application authentication interoperability, cross-platform interoperability
· Design for software updates and compliance management. Patch management and patch management compliance,
· Design the operating system virtualization strategy. Server consolidation, application compatibility, virtualization management, placement of servers