Your privacy is important to us. When you provide information to us via our web site, we protect it according to this policy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Rooman participates in the Safe Harbor program negotiated by the U.S. Department of Commerce under the European Union's 1995 Directive on Data Protection. More information about the Safe Harbor program and the data privacy and security principles can be found at http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/sh_overview.html. The principles are designed to inform people about how personal information they disclose will be used, and to provide people with a certain amount of control over their personal data.
Rooman Technologies operates in the business-to-business (B2B) software industry. Unlike many companies and web sites, we do not focus on consumer users or the collection of consumer data. To the extent we collect information online, our purpose is to better serve our business customers.
We may collect the following types of information when you browse http://www.Rooman.net/, any other Rooman Technologies web site, or affiliate site:
- Information you provide directly, such as your name or ordering information when you register or make an online order, or at any Rooman interactive message board or e-mail messages you send us;
- The web pages your Internet browser visits when browsing Rooman websites;
- click-through information related to Rooman Technologies marketing activities; and
- Aggregate data, such as the number of hits per week or per web page.
Rooman Technologies does not rent or sell customer information. We use information collected online in the following ways:
- For information you provide directly, such as ordering information or e-mail messages, we use the information to respond to your orders and requests.
- For information you provide online, including actions or clicks from hyperlinks and subscriptions, we use the information to customize future communications and web pages in accordance with communication preferences you have established with Rooman Technologies.
- For some registration, email and use data you provide, we may direct you to particular web pages, customize the web pages you see, or otherwise increase the relevance of the information you receive.
- For information about web pages visited, page hits per week, and the like, we use this information internally to improve the design of our web pages.
- Rooman Technologies may use third-party storage or service-provider companies to perform some functions including the processing of data. Such companies are under a duty of confidentiality to Rooman Technologies.
Rooman shares customer information for business purposes only on a need-to-know basis and only with: (a) its own employees and affiliates; (b) the customer from which Rooman received the information; (c) Rooman subcontractors and consultants that have agreed to safeguard such information in a like manner to the way that Rooman safeguards such information and that have signed confidentiality agreements with Rooman; and (d) other entities authorized to have access to such information under applicable law or regulation. Rooman does not share non-public individually identifiable information with third party marketers.
We will not use or share customer information in ways unrelated to those described above without first notifying you and offering you a choice as to whether or not we may use your data in this different manner.
Rooman processes customer information only in ways compatible with the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for such purposes, we take reasonable steps to make sure that customer information is accurate, complete current and otherwise reliable with regard to its intended use. However, Rooman expects customers will update their personal information with Rooman as necessary.
Rooman takes reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity, and prevent the unauthorized use or disclosure, of customer information. This includes maintaining a system of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to secure such information.
We may keep all customer information in an off-line form, for archival purposes or as otherwise required by law. Please note that if your information is removed from our databases, you may no longer be able to access certain areas of our web site requiring registration or a subscription.
Users may request to be removed from a Rooman Technologies e-mail list, by following the "unsubscribe" instructions on e-mails from Rooman Technologies or by sending a request to email@example.com.
Revised September 2006